Mechanical ENGINEERING B. TECH. PROGRAM
Provide high quality education and training in the field of mechanical engineering. through rigorous courses to develop knowledge and skills to the highest academic level, and reinforce confidence in meeting the challenges of
work in a global market. Alternatively the program enables the graduate to join higher-level studies in the field of specialization.
The program should enable the student to:
1. Contribute to the society in abroad range of careers in mechanical engineering.
2. Work individually or part of a team on a multi-disciplinary projects.
3. Enhance intellectual capacity to adapt to continuously changing world and confronts newly arising problems in the field of specialization.
4. Make use of available computer communication resources to invest computer knowledge in the field of specialization.
5. Acquire sufficient breadth and depth in knowledge for successful subsequent graduate study post graduate study or life long learning.
6. Acquire technical and managerial skills necessary to enter careers in design, application, of mechanical systems.
7. Develop analytical and application skills to enhance ability to creatively address unstructured problems specific to the relevant field .
8. Master linguistic ability to communicate effectively in global market.
The Program should enable the student to:
1. Have the ability to develop, implement and improve integrated systems that include people, material, information, equipment and energy.
2. Master completely knowledge, techniques, skills, and tools necessary for modern mechanical engineering environment including the use of computer drafting systems and design packages.
3. Apply knowledge of:
a. Science and engineering to analyze the process and the performance mechanical systems. b. Probability, Statistics, engineering economic analysis, CAD\CAM, control engineering, theory of machines, mechanics of material to
analyze and design complex engineering systems. c. Material science, computer science, mechanics of solids/fluids, thermodynamics, heat transfer, engineering design, and electricity/
electronics, engineering drawings to gain strong background in the area of mechanical engineering
4. Design and conduct experiments in mechanical engineering, make engineering measurements, analyze and interpret data and apply experiment result to improve process.
5. Act creativity with critical thinking in:
a. Performing drafting tasks associated with mechanical component, plant layout and general engineering work
b. Utilizing and presenting the operation of an mechanical engineering system.
c. Performing economic analysis and cost estimation related to design and maintenance of mechanical systems.
d. Using basic technical design concepts to the solution of industrial problems.
e. Handling Management, design and implementation of various mechanical systems.
6. Function independently or part of a team on multi-disciplinary projects.
7. Identify, analyze, and solve mechanical engineering problems.
8. Effectively commit to quality, time line and continuous improvements
9. Carry out a research in a topic in the field of specialization using resources such as library, Internet and periodical journals.
10. Communicate effectively through series of peer and faculty reviews to include oral and written reports.
11. Demonstrate the knowledge of professional and ethical responsibility upon mechanical engineering.